''I Was Married A Virgin At 33, Divorced After A Year'' - Popular Comedienne, Chigul Opens Up About Her Private Life

Chigurl has in the last few years built a career as a comedienne, actress and singer but little was known about her private life – until now.


Born Chioma Omeruah, the entertainer has revealed that she was once married and that the union crashed after just one year.

The 41-year-old Chigul said at the time her marriage collapsed, she held herself responsible.
“We were not perfect, there were good days I won’t lie. It just got to a place where we both didn’t care anymore. I have been made to believe that it was my job to keep that afloat and the fact that it sank, I take on my head,” she said on Kemi Adetiba’s King Women series.
Chigul continued: “I didn’t understand why no one except my siblings cared to ask how I was doing. I was depressed and I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to kill myself but the sweet, funny girl didn’t want to come out.

“I felt like I was going through a tough time with my marriage and everyone was saying go back to your husband and no one asked how I was feeling.
“I had nowhere to land, it fell apart and I didn’t want it to. When I needed people to be there for me, no one was there. The worse was when I heard that my husband had a child with someone else, a year into our separation.

“The worse thing for me right now is not being in a relationship but I wanted to give my mother grandchildren. My success with my career is great, it’s wonderful. I thank God for it every day but I want other things.

“I did some things wrong for instance I sold the wedding rings and I told him I did. In my mind, my rings were a symbol of something that didn’t exist. It was a circle I was wearing on my finger while I had an absentee husband.

“It was one of the worst things I ever had to go through but one of the best things because it taught me so much.”

The ‘Road to Yesterday’ actress said she was a virgin when she got married at 33 and expressed joy at not having any child from the marriage.
“Would I have changed anything about it? No, because it happened for a reason. I’m happy it happened at one year with no children, no attachments. I married at 33, I married a virgin. That was my first ever anything and it was supposed to be special and last,” she said.
She also told of how she was a serial failure at school, saying it was extremely tough on her because of the status of her father as a former military governor of Anambra state.

“In academics, I wasn’t necessarily the brightest; I was kinda dull when it came to school work. So form 4 came and we did final exams and I failed so I had to repeat a class,” said the ‘Banana Island Ghost‘ actress.
“When I got to Lagos, I told my dad that I was going to repeat Form 4. Next thing I knew, I was in Airforce secondary school in Lagos he said there was no way I was going to go back to Jos and embarrass him that how can Samson Emeka Omeruah’s daughter be repeating a class.
“I was never into school. I took Cambridge exam, JAMB, WAEC and I didn’t pass too well. I was failing woefully. When I took TOFEL and SAT, I did okay and I got into Delaware University.”
Thecable

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Proudly Nigeria.

Previous Post Next Post